A seamless, secure and simple Remote Patient Monitoring System
UTM: Healthcare is a HIPAA compliant remote patient monitoring system facilitating patient-friendly home care monitoring (“UTM:RPM”). An efficient and simple solution that benefits patients and their healthcare providers, allows patients to remain in their homes while giving providers essential information for managing chronic conditions and avoiding patient readmissions.
UTM:RPM helps manage many chronic conditions including:
- • Congestive Heart Failure (“CHF”)
- • COPD
- • Diabetes
- • Heart Attack (“MI”)
- • Pneumonia
Remote Monitoring – As simple as 1-2-3
- 1 – At discharge, acceptable ranges for each patient are entered into the patient monitoring dashboard.
- 2 – Patients electronically send their daily vital information (i.e. pulse, blood pressure, blood oxygen and weight) and other requested health information to their healthcare provider.
- 3 – Medical staff receive patients’ information through a convenient medium, either on their smartphones or desktop computers. This facilitates immediate review.
UTM:RPM at Columbia Memorial Hospital
In 2016, Columbia Memorial Heath (CMH) implemented UTM’s RPM system for a test group of patients with chronic illnesses which frequently require hospital readmission soon after discharge.
Dr. Ronald Pope, Medical Director and a Family Physician who is leading the project for CMH, cited real world applications for the technology. He explained that Physicians at CMH have been able to use UTM:RPM monitoring to make medication adjustments that have potentially prevented readmissions. In the context of patients with CHF, a chronic condition in which weight gain of a couple of pounds can signal a radical deterioration, Dr. Pope stated the following:
Medical Director of the CMH Care Centers / Columbia Memorial Hospital
Patients Manage Their Own Health
UTM:RPM helps patients manage their own health in their own home. They can help themselves avoid unnecessary trips to doctors offices, visits to the emergency room and hospitalizations. They can help themselves stay healthier longer.
Avoidable Readmissions & Penalties Reduced
Results outside a patient’s preset range alert medical staff thus flagging a potential problem for quicker intervention.
In 2016, approximately 2,600 hospitals (more than half the Nation’s hospitals) were assessed penalties under Medicare’s Hospital Readmissions Reduction Program (“HRRP”).
UTM:RPM helps healthcare providers reduce patient readmissions, providing cost reductions while achieving Medicare’s HRRP objectives:
- • Improving care coordination and communications between providers, patients and their caregivers
- • Enhancing discharge planning and follow-up
- • Providing continuity of care through patient involvement and sharing information
UTM:RPM currently works with biometric devices from iHealthLabs, Inc. Other devices can be readily integrated.
iHealth® BP Ease
iHealth BP Ease, an FDA-approved blood pressure cuff provides the technology for accurate blood pressure readings. The monitor automatically synchs, obtains the patient’s blood pressure reading for transmission to the healthcare provider via RPM’s encrypted technology.
iHealth Air pulse oximeter can be quickly clipped to the patient’s finger to take a reading. The vitals are instantly sent to the healthcare provider’s monitoring dashboard or mobile phone.
iHealth’s Lite Wireless Scale can measure up to 400 pounds. The approach is simple: step on the scale with phone in hand and send the weight with one click.